I have been told and have heard people say you didn’t lose the weight surgery did it. You took the easy way out.
Let’s take a look at that myth and dispel it completely.
The surgery is just a tool, like your diet and exercise program, though yes it gives you a big advantage there are also many disadvantages that come with the surgery.
This is a life changing event and life altering changes have to be made for it to be successful.
Things you must change:
- Your diet must change completely. Now you are forced to each 4-8 times a day small meals with very high protein intake.
- You must give up all carbonation for life, carbonation expands the stomach and is therefore BAD
- You must be on a rigorous vitamin intake daily for life; I have to take 8 vitamins daily for life to get the nutrients I need.
- You must MOVE and exercise, a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
Side effects and Drawbacks
There are many and everyone is different but I will list just a few of them and the ones that I personally have experienced.
- It is a long fight with the insurance company to get this approved
- TOXIC WASTE, your body does not digest things normally any longer this causes toxic waste stool and noxious odors – these can be highly embarrassing.
- 65% of all marriages end in divorce after one partner has this procedure, it is a life changing event and many times one or both partners’ ideals and views change dramatically.
- Food in-tolerances, some days you can eat something the next you try the same thing and the body rejects it causing dumping syndrome or vomiting.
- GAS! Everything you eat causes it to expel out of one or both ends.
Now with all these listed do you ask would you do it again. YES a million times yes! I am healthy and will live a more productive life, prior to the surgery I was given 5 years to live.