Warning I am stepping up on my soapbox here and laying down some gospel so if you are easily offended then don’t read it.
I am having an epiphany. I have always believed that people are happy for others in their accomplishments and that mankind truly has love for their fellow people.
That belief has changed in the past 24 hours and I am truly sad for the human race.
It all started when I posted to my blog a transformation slideshow showing pictures of me from the past two years. I am sorry I am very proud of my accomplishments; after all I have lost 300 pounds in two years and increased my life by decades. Anyway to this post someone who I thought was a friend posted “Congrats to you for your accomplishment but I think it’s time to move on to something else don’t you think?” Now those words truly hurt me; move on I thought that is what I was doing. Sharing my ordeal on my blog and my Facebook page has been inspiring to so many people and gives hope to those people that are morbidly obese that there is hope out there. I was one of those people and know the depression that nothing is ever going to change and that we are going to die fat and nothing can help.
Just some of the things that have changed because of this surgery and my progress:
- I will be around to see my son graduate high school, college and maybe get married and have a family of his own.
- My type 2 diabetes is cured and my sugars have never been over 100 since the surgery
- My GERD has been cured
- Hypertension is cured my blood pressure now runs 117/72 on no medications
- Ulcers have all been cured and no issues from them
- I was given 5 years to live because of my weight in 2010, my life expectancy is now 30 or more years.
- I was able to run most of the breast cancer walk this year, where I could not even walk them before. And I did it in Jeans, something I haven’t been able to wear in over 20 years.
- I have been painting most of my house where before I was to out of breath to even climb a flight of stairs let alone get up and down a ladder.
- I go to the gym three of more days a week and am able to do a full workout without needing oxygen.
- I am able to play with my son and do fun things with him where before I was barely able to just get thru the day.
These are just a few of the reasons why I post pictures and events from my transformation. F you are sick of seeing them, please by all means unsubscribe from my Facebook or unfriend me because I am going to scream from the top of my lungs the praises of this surgery and the fact that it has saved my life. I have the right to do that on my blog and my Facebook, if your against that maybe you should read the Constitution start with the 1st Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Ok I am now stepping off my soapbox thank you all for taking the time to listen (read) and you may now return to your day.